BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Soulsearcher - Can't Get Enough (1999)


Soulsearcher was a project of Marc Pomeroy. Under this alias, he got his biggest club hit, "Can't Get Enough", in 1999. The song featured a sample of "Let's Lovedance Tonight" from Garys Gang and the vocals of two legendary singers: Donna Allen and Thea Austin. Two follow-up singles ("Do It To Me Again" in 2000 and "Feelin' Love" in 2003) were also well received. All my research seems to show this came out in 1999, I most certainly remember playing this much much earlier in the decade, at Riot in Hartford in like 1991 or 1992. Certainly I was playing it in New York in 1993, people will testify to that. I even charted it on my radio mixshow, so .....im confused as to why I cant list its original release date. Maybe I had a really early white label, thats possible since i was close to the people who ran Northcott, Downtown 161, all those labels. I think it was on a Northcott  label honestly.No matter, it was for eons one of my biggest dance records.

video link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhDIBY3hKmk

audio link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r52wHqMwDC4

0 comments: