BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 17, 2011

Donna Summer - I Love You (1977)

"I Love You" is a single by Donna Summer which became a number 10 hit in the UK Singles Chart and reached number 37 in the US Billboard Hot 100 in 1977.


It was originally featured on the highly acclaimed album, Once Upon a Time, but was edited in length for its release as a single. The album was a double LP concept album telling a modern-day Cinderella rags-to-riches story, and this song is featured towards the end of the album when the main character and the object of her desires declare their love for each other. While not a big Donna Summer fan, some of her hits have been favs of mine over the years...On The Radio...Heaven Knows, Melody Of Love...and others. Still, I over the years have had a growing appreciation for this particular tune, the older it gets (and I) the more I seem to love the song.

audio link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtFe6urb9io

0 comments: