BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 17, 2011

Adam X - Listen (1991)

Brooklyn techno from Frankie Bones's brother Adam X , released on Frankies label Brooklyn Groove productions. Fast and hard, though not really Belgium hard but Brooklyn hard, and very rare and underground. Almost 140 BPM, and though it's not breakbeat it could almost fit, ie its VERY Brooklyn circa 1991.  This song, fast as it is, used to pack my dancefloor nightly ( I used to play it often with the Atlantic Records release X Is Dope by Men Of X...) I'm  sure not a lot of copies were pressed up , so I am lucky to have my two. There were UK remixes a year later, I find the original mix to be the best mix however. Again, its fast and hard, not for deep house or commercial house fans.

audio link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU2CKiQP0d0

0 comments: