BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Instant Funk - I Got My Mind Made Up (1978)


"I Got My Mind Made Up (You Can Get It Girl)" was a hit for disco band Instant Funk. Released from their self-titled debut album, the song spent three non-consecutive weeks at number one on the R&B singles chart (interrupted by "He's the Greatest Dancer" by Sister Sledge). It also enjoyed success on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, peaking at number twenty. The single also peaked at number one on the disco chart. It was recognizably sampled by De La Soul in their track "A Rollerskating Jam named 'Saturdays'".

Throughout the years 'I Got My Mind Made Up' has been remixed to varying degrees of success in the clubs. In 1990 the song was remixed by Freshline Allstars and Hithouse. In 1995 the song was remixed by Johnny Vicious. In 1997 the song was remixed by Alex Neri. In 1998 the song was remixed by Succi and in 2003 the song was remixed by Thunderpuss.

audio link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEcVpnzdzS4

0 comments: