BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 20, 2010

Instant House - Over (1992)

Fantastic early 90's tribal house collaboration between Joe Claussell, Stan Hatzakis and Tony Confusione.
Joe Clausell was at that point a relatively unknown up and coming producer, mostly known for his Easy Street Records classic ' Don't Let It Be Crack' , an early house anthem at clubs like Better Days and the like. He was a regular at East Village record store Dancetracks , where Stan Hatzakis was the owner and was always there. As was I, right when they opened every Friday morning , so I could get those one or two copy bootlegs Stan often got. (  i remember giving frankie Knuckles one Friday morning the only copy of Baby Fords ' Chiki Chiki Ah Ah' 12" that I had in my hands , assuming he needed it more than I did. ) I actually have a reel to reel tape Joe Clausell gave me of a track he was working on that never came out.  It was so so good. I couldnt believe he told me it wasnt finished.
This track , with its Robert Owens vocal sample and deep driving bassline, is one hell of a classic. Eventually selling well over 200,000 copies worldwide , Instant House propelled Joe Clausell into DJ Producer stardom.

audio link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8gKBC3dsPo

0 comments: