BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 27, 2010

Virgo - Free Yourself (1986)

Quite possibly one of the most underground records I know. People know it, if your into classic Chicago house its one of the best. I bought the LAST TWO copies of this hard to find record one morning at 11a.m. at Vinyl Mania Records, on Carmine St. in Manhattan New York. I had just heard it at Paradise Garage...no-one knew what it was and everyone went nuts when it was played. I timed my arrival at Vinyl Manis to when their doors opened on Sunday morning. I wanted to get whatever I had heard the night before before it sold out. Which was typical, cuz either I was looking for a brand new Chicago house record or a UK import. Either way it meant the store at most got a few copies.
This song is indeed as classic Chicago house as you can get. Fantastic. Thats all I can say.

audio link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGtjm1N-h6Q

0 comments: