BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 14, 2011

Colonel Abrahms - Music Is The Answer (1984)

Some say this is the first ever house record. I say, maybe an early pre-house house classic. To me the Patrick Cowley 15 minute mix of Donna Summers I Feel Love is the first ever house record. But this was HUGE with the house crowd before there was a house crowd. Massive at Better Days and similar clubs, it was one of my biggest records ever in my first years as a DJ.  I played the dub into the vocal into the dub. After that he released Trapped , which was also huge. Hell you couldnt not at one point play Colonel Abrahms. And this was his first, and biggest. And best. On Streetwise Records... produced by Winston Jones, a key producer in early house. Essential early house.

audio link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIKgMxCeXKk

0 comments: